A student told the Master “I’m going through hell at work and at home.” Master told him where do you think you are? Get out of this delusion. This life’s a nightmare with a few occasional good dreams.
You see this earth was not designed by God to be a haven of peace and joy but a temporary home of dreams with nightmares and a few occasional good dreams from which we all would finally awaken and go back to our real home of many mansions. In realizing their oneness with their creator individuals can become inwardly free from the apparent troubles and ills of this dream life. They behold loss and gain, sickness and health, life and death, merely as fascinating chapters of the dream creation.
How foolish it would be to presume such aboveness until the person in actuality knows for certain without a doubt that all matter is energy and that energy is nothing else but the thought of God. However, if that person hits his dream fist against a dream wall it will get him a dream fracture. Man’s cross to bear is his body and he must do it bravely by mentally rising above its difficulties. Those who seek happiness have to literally squeeze it out of this world. Our creator is dreaming through us and our own nightmares are included with His dreams making everything seemingly real.
Delusive dreams vanish in meditation. Don’t you know it’s your own dreams that frighten you the most? Constantly remind yourself, “It’s just a dream.” There are primarily only three dreams made strongest by God in man: the enjoyment of gold, sex and wine. Give as little importance to them as possible living moderately to be free. The more importance you give to any of these three strengthens the demons in them.
It does not matter how devastating our dreams are, the dreamer is never hurt by the circumstances of his dreams; he always finds himself safe after the dream experience. The human-dreamer may be scared to death with the experiences of his dream-life but as he is awakened in spirit he finds himself to be safe and sound. Worldly men have no idea of what the soul is or how it comes and goes into the physical body.
Daya Ma said “America has been flushed down the toilet” The US is no longer floating downstream. It has gone over the falls – in free fall. Just a matter of when it will hit bottom.”
What should we do?
- First forget what you did in the past that bothers you, what’s done is done and you can’t change it, don’t dwell or grieve on the past forget it. By listening to the voice of our own ego, attributing it to an aura of divine guidance one soon learns that no matter how much misguided rationalization one uses, nothing can lessen the karmic responsibility of wrongful actions.
- You live in the moment now to the fullest by focusing and making the best of it.
- You do not worry about the future. Emotions are like a moving pendulum with most people. Why? Because pleasure comes with a fulfilled desire and sorrow comes with a unfulfilled desire that is not satisfied. How many times do you have to be told what Krishna has said in the Gita, “Be even minded in sorrow and pleasure?” When you live in an impregnable fortress of understanding, no sadness can touch you when your emotions are anchored in that which is changeless. Whatever happens, say to yourself, “it’s alright. I’m just dreaming in God’s dream and naught can touch me.” If you take the ups and downs of life to seriously you’re in for a rough roller coaster ride.
- You stay in the middle at all times and that means when joy and sorrow comes you learn to stay in the middle. That’s how you rid yourself of grief, anger, sorrow, fear, stress, nervousness and many other adverse feelings.
- Meditate on these 4 steps and you will start achieving victory over yourself.
Don’t take this life to seriously, overcome delusion by holding on to this one thought. Our whole existence is nothing more than God’s motion picture and we are the actors. Act out your part well but do not identify with your role in the movie. All the awful things that can happen in this world can be duplicated in a nightmare.
We have all experienced these nightmares. You feel yourself being hit or run over by a car and your pain seems as real as if you were crushed by the wheels of that oncoming car and when you wake up to find out it was only a nightmare you laugh and say, “Thank God that was only a dream.” Life is just a dream within a dream and when you die and leave your body you will be dreaming you are dead and the suffering some go through at death will have seemed like a nightmare. So let’s not be afraid of anything. If you intellectually know that life is really just a dream, but you still have not completely realized it, that’s a sad state of delusion to be trapped in.
Only by realization of the self acquired by years of meditation and especially the practice of a technique called Kriya Yoga and by following a Guru given advice one can realize and say that all matter is condensed thoughts of God and that God is dreaming through us. We cannot get rid of the thought that is being suggested to us because it is to powerful. One day you will realize that this life is just a dream. Never were you in the body nor are you now and never will you be. But you have been hypnotized in experiencing the five senses that you have a body. Now you are dreaming you are alive and you will dream you are dead.
The continuous sight of yourself makes your mind think that it is constrained in the body, through meditation the mind will convince itself through this experience that it is not bound by the flesh, but is in all things. When meditating on the infinite your mind will become unlimited instead of finite. The typical man does not extend his consciousness further than the walls of his own bodily dwelling. When becoming more advanced spiritually we comprehend that not just the world but the whole cosmos is our home. Why attach yourself to the passing dreams of this life. If you hold on to this truth you will eventually become free. From the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda.